Sweet Potato Waffles
Skip the calories from your neighborhood Waffle House and opt for this healthy, delicious, sweet potato alternative.
Delicious Sweet Potato Waffles from the “50 Healthiest 10-Minute Recipes” book by Dr. Christian Harisch and Dr. med. Anne Fleck.
2 Servings, makes 6–7 hearty waffles
09MIN : 56SEC
- 300g (101⁄2 oz) sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped, or grated with an electric chopper
- 350g (121⁄2 oz) spelt flour (type 630)
- 125g (41⁄2 oz) soft butter
- 100ml (31⁄2 fl oz) milk
- 100g (31⁄2 fl oz) olive oil
- 100ml (31⁄2 fl oz) white wine
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 2 pinches freshly grated nutmeg
- Melted butter for the waffle maker
- Waffle maker (Belgian waffle maker if possible!)
- Place all of the ingredients for the batter in a mixing bowl and beat until creamy using the paddle attachment.
- Preheat the waffle maker, lightly grease and cook each waffle separately until crispy.
(TIP: Serve with smoked salmon and horseradish dip. These waffles are very delicious and easy to prepare!)
Sweet Potatoes: Chock full of vitamins and minerals, with phytonutrients such as antioxidant anthocyanins and anti-inflammatory carotenoids. Balancing effect on blood sugar levels (recommended for diabetics), rich in folic acid, vitamins C, B2, B6 and biotin, as well as copper and manganese.